1. Home

Debbie Colgrove

Free Hospital Gown Pattern Found

By January 3, 2008

Mom escaped a hospital stay but I recently ended up in the hospital for a six day stay and can personally attest to the fact that those hospital gowns do NOT cover what YOU want covered. Lazy Girl Designs has a Free Hospital Gown Pattern that I intend to make up and have on hand.... in fabric that isn't tissue paper thin and a cheerful fabric.

Comments

January 4, 2008 at 9:30 am
(1) Joan Hawley says:

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for letting your readers know about our free hospital gown pattern. It’s a very dear project to me and I appreciate your help in making people aware that it is available.

We recently added a pattern for children’s sizes as well. It’s available through the same links you’ve already posted.

When making a gown for a loved one, consider making a simple shawl or wrap as a simple cover-up, or a lap sized throw when extra warmth is needed.

Debbie, I love your site. Keep up the great work.

My best,
Joan Hawley
Lazy Girl Designs

January 4, 2008 at 1:49 pm
(2) Patty says:

I’m going to make this to use when I go for my annual OGBYN checkups. They use the same gowns over & over for all the patients and that is not sanitary. I don’t want to sit on a gown that someone has sat on with some kind of infection down there!!! I’ve been trying to find a pattern for almost a year now and just came across it on About.com by Debbie. Thank you so much for this pattern. I’m sure many will find it helpful also.
Patty

January 4, 2008 at 6:12 pm
(3) Babci says:

Thank you very much Debbie for giving members receiving your newsletter a heads up on this.
And sincere thanks to the folks who developed it.

August 21, 2008 at 8:30 am
(4) Jackie says:

My mom is a dear friend of Susie Stiving’s and I was thrilled to see her picture on this site in my pursuit to find my own hospital gown. I’m 18 weeks pregnant and am loooking for something nice to wear to my birth. Thanks for sharing this info!
P.S. Joan – I’m Kay Wallace’s daughter

December 26, 2008 at 4:53 pm
(5) ann hessman says:

Thanks so much for the hospital gown patterns. I am a volunteer for Hospice of Stark County in Ohio and our sewing group wanted to add gowns to the items we make for our patients. Your patterns will help to make final days a little more pleasant by adding color and designs to their attire.

January 14, 2009 at 2:09 pm
(6) Holly Patenge says:

Thank you so much for this hospital gown pattern. I am the volunteer coordinator for Heartland Hospice in Fremont, Michigan. We had a patient pass away in November and his wife had offered to donate fabric that she had purchased to use to make him a gown and didn’t need it since he had passed. I found a volunteer to make the gowns for our other patients, but hadn’t been able to find a pattern and then I happened upon your website! What a wonderful item you have offered. I’m sure our patients will really appreciate these gowns.
Sincerely, Holly Patenge, Volunteer Coordinator, Heartland Hospice

January 14, 2009 at 2:48 pm
(7) sewing says:

Oh how I wish I could say the gown pattern is mine… it’s an off site link and I hope my link helps people find it. Please be sure to sign up for the newsletter so you will know about any new finds and new patterns that are added to the site. I do have a stethoscope cover that your volunteers might be interested in sewing for the staff. I had back surgery recently and as far as I’m concerned those nurses are angels!

January 16, 2009 at 8:56 pm
(8) Andrea says:

One of my close girlfriends is due in 8 weeks, and recently asked if I could sew her a hospital gown. (She knew that my fiance got me a new sewing machine for Christmas!) I was delighted to do the favor for her, and even more excited when I found this pattern! This is great!

January 17, 2009 at 12:13 am
(9) sueann says:

Thanks for the gown pattern. I looked for one several years ago. I used purchased gowns -grayed/blue color- the only one available, and attached hand beaded bandanas as yokes, for neckline trim. The wearer needed colors to complement her red hair. The beading held up through many launderings.

April 7, 2012 at 5:38 pm
(10) Medical Supplies in San Diego says:

Undeniably consider that that you stated. Your favorite justification seemed to be at the internet the easiest thing to understand of. I say to you, I definitely get irked at the same time as other people consider worries that they just do not realize about. You managed to hit the nail upon the highest and also defined out the whole thing without having side effect , other people can take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thank you