1. Home

Debbie Colgrove

Pattern Making

By March 10, 2010

Pattern making is not something that is explained in a couple of pages. MANY books and full classes are offered to learn how to make your own patterns. The trick is getting your hands on a book that is easy to understand and takes things one step at a time... one that is even worthy of using your paper and ink cartridges to print it out as a valuable resource. Vintage Sewing Information is a wonderful resource worthy of using ink cartridges!

Comments

March 12, 2010 at 10:57 am
(1) Pam Hanrahan says:

As a sewing volunteer with the Refugee Program in SLC, I am most appreciative of the many helpful suggestions you provide for free project instructions.
Thanks,
Pam

March 12, 2010 at 11:38 am
(2) Karin Kiltz says:

This information is timeless and wonderful. The basics never change, and what you learn reading Ms. Pepin’s book is priceless.

March 12, 2010 at 8:32 pm
(3) C E Lawrence says:

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. Can Ms Pepin’s book be purchased today? I use to draft patterns for myself and family but no longer recalled all the pertinent measurements required for the bodice. This is an interesting read for me. Being short waisted nothing commercially purchased fit properly and I found it easier to draft myself a pattern then spend the day shopping only to come home disappointed. Or to alter clothing. Again, Thank you.

March 12, 2010 at 10:00 pm
(4) Sheryl Thomas says:

Any information about the Lutterloh Pattern making system would be greatly appreciated.

March 13, 2010 at 3:42 pm
(5) G. Cooper says:

‘Totally Unfair…
…Every instance of the mention of ‘patterns’ relative to the art-craft of sewing, immediately and in most cases, goes to clothing. There have been many instances where I’ve seen some of the examples of leather luggage or other leisure/carry-on bags of Italian or British design, and seen nothing in the way of instruction short of the hundreds of dollars it would take to go to a four year university.
What’s up with that!

March 13, 2010 at 6:21 pm
(6) Andrea Huebner says:

I hope someone might be able to help me. I am in the process of sewing Simplicity Daisy Kingdom pattern #2431 for my friend’s daughter. My friend fell in love with the pattern and asked me if I could make one for her. As far as I know, Daisy Kingdom are only for children.

Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction to see if there is any way to modify the pattern I have to make the pattern for my friend??

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

If you have any information…please email me at
kjn4evr@wi.rr.com or maybe post a comment on here.

Thank ya’ll so much!! =)