Summertime calls for sewing cool and comfortable clothes. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I do know I sew with a LOT more elastic in the summertime than I do the rest of the year. I'll never forget the year I "thought" I knew what I was doing and replaced the elastic on my husbands favorite knit shorts that he loved for swimming. He jumped in the pool and the elastic immediately lost its shape... and holding ability if you know what I mean. Although it was amusing watching him try to maintain his dignity to climb the ladder out of of the pool, he hasn't been as trusting of my sewing ever since. A word of advice... learn about elastic before you sew something that depends on elastic!
- Sewing Elastic - Who, What, When, Where,Why and How to Use Sewing Elastic
- How to Sew with Elastic Thread in Your Sewing Machine -- Dress or skirt wit...
- How to Use Elastic Thread
- Sewing With Elastic Thread - Sew News Magazine
- How to Sew a Dress or skirt with Elastic Thread Gathered Bust-line or Waistline