Here's a simple project that makes a great little gift or package decoration.
Difficulty Level: Easy Time Required: 20 Minutes
- You will need a piece of fabric (4" by 10"), a piece of ribbon, scissors, potpourri, needle and thread
- Fold the fabric, wrong sides together, to measure 4" by 5".
- Stitch together the 5" raw edges to form a seam on each side. Use a 1/2" seam allowance.
- Turn under the top edge, 1/4" and 1/4" again, towards the wrong side.
- Stitch the hem into place.
- Turn right side out.
- Lightly stuff the pouch with potpourri.
- Close the pouch by tying a ribbon tightly around the top, leaving 1/2 to 1" of the pouch above the ribbon.
- Tie the ribbon in to a bow.
- If your stitches are not tight, put the potpourri inside a piece of nylon stocking before putting it in the pouch.
- Attach lace to the top hem to dress up the sachet.
- Glue a fabric flower to the bow, for a decorative appearance.