- Double Fold Bias Tape - small scraps will do if you have them on hand.
- Small sew on snaps
- Try on the blouse or shirt. Place a pin on both edges of the area the bra strap should be on both shoulders.
- Hand sew one side of a snap on to the shoulder seam allowance, on the outside edge of each marked spot.
- Measure the distance from the outside edge of one strap to the outside edge of the other snap
- Cut two strips of bias tape, 3/4" longer the distance between the snaps.
- Turn in the raw ends of the bias tape 1/4". Stitch the edges of the bias tape closed.
- Hand sew the other sides of the snaps to each end of the bias tape.
- Enclose your bra strap in the bias strip to wear and hold the bra strap in place.
From Lynne Lamberg:
I make a thread-crochet bra strap holder, securing the thread at the open end with a small snap. This technique also creates less bulk in the garment.