Many of the links provided use tee shirts and other ready made items. Tee shirt directions can be converted for converting sweat shirts in the cooler weather.
- Make a Shrug the Lazy Way - A simple shrug using a tee shirt. I would recommend bias tape to prevent warping the ribbon that was used in the example.
- Tee Shirt Shrug Tutorial - This finished shrug is positively adorable! The tutorial is loaded with pictures. The only part of the directions that are a bit vague are the cutting instructions.
- How to Make a Shrug from a Square Scarf - This is a great shrug to make ifyou have some fur on hand. A warm and cozy shrug!
- Fur Shrug -
- Plaid Blanket Shrug This shrug started with a purchased plaid blanket and had crochet added to make a warmer than "normal" shrug.
- Crochet Shrug Patterns - Links to many free patterns to crochet a shrug from the About.com Crochet Guide.