Many of the links provided use tee shirts and other ready made items. Tee shirt directions can be converted for converting sweat shirts in the cooler weather.
- Modestprom.com Shrug Patterns and Directions - Free patterns and directions to sew simple but professional looking shrugs in different styles.
- Make a Shrug the Lazy Way - A simple shrug using a tee shirt. I would recommend bias tape to prevent warping the ribbon that was used in the example.
- Tee Shirt Shrug Tutorial - This finished shrug is positivly adorable! The tutorial is loaded with pictures. The only part of the directions that are a bit vague are the cutting instructions.
- Shrugs and Shawls - A simple bolero style shrug, Sleek Shrug , Cap-Sleeve Shrug, and a Cloud Shawl directions can all be found at modest prom.
- The 30-minute, $5 Shrug (Sleek Shrug) - this shrug is a perfect way to cover bare shoulders and only requires two straight seams and hemming to sew.
- Plaid Blanket Shrug This shrug started with a purchased plaid blanket and had crochet added to make a warmer than "normal" shrug.
- Crochet Shrug Patterns - Links to many free patterns to crochet a shrug from the About.com Crochet Guide.