Interfacing alone is not usually enough to create a stiff bottom when you sew your own pocketbook
Supplies to create a stiff pocketbook bottom can be found around the house, in the craft department, in the lumber yard and by specific products made just for purse bottoms.
Here's a list of things I've used to create a stiff purse bottom.
- Lightweight plywood cut to size. Be sure to sand the wood and edges.
- Shower wall liner - salvaged from broken pieces at a lumber yard.
- Bag-E Bottoms -- A great product from Lazy Girl Designs for a secure sturdy stiff purse bottom. Available in a variety of sizes.
- Plastic Canvas - on heavy fabric it works fine but tends to have rough edges that show through lightweight fabric.
- Cardboard - not a favorite as it does not hold up to extended use.