Free Sewing Pattern and Directions to Sew a Cosmetic or Toiletry Bag
By Debbie Colgrove
1 of 9
Materials Needed to Sew this Cosmetic or Toiletry Bag
Cosmetic, Toiletry, or Make Up Bag - An Essential Travel Bag
Debbie Colgrove, Licensed to About.com
This free sewing pattern sews a small fabric bag which closes securely with a zipper but is large enough to hold all of your cosmetics, make up or toiletry needs. The side section gives the bag a bit of thickness to hold all of your toiletry or cosmetic needs. Use different fabrics to make it easy to pick up the correct bag for the task at hand. Make a special bag for shaving needs, a special bag for your make up, a special bag for shower needs or a special bag to hold jewelry. No one wants to waste time sorting through their luggage when you are on vacation.
This bag is approximately six inches high and 9 inches wide when complete. If you are making one for everyone in the family, consider embroidering names on the center front section before assembling.
- 1/4 yard of 45" wide fabric for the outside of the bag - a fat quarter can also be used by carefully folding the fabric to obtain enough folds for the pattern pieces.
- The same amount of lining fabric as outer fabric. This can be the same fabric as the outside. You may want to consider a nylon wind-breaker type of fabric so it can be wiped clean.
- 9" all purpose zipper
- Craft weight fusible interfacing
- Thread to match your fabric
- Print out of the free pattern
- One Package of Wright's Maxi Piping
Preshrink all fabric and notions before beginning.