These directions will guide you through using a button and buttonhole.
- Fold the 6 1/2” length in half, right sides together, matching the 2 1/2” sides.
- Note -- If you are using a closure that must be attached before the tab is closed, attach your closure method 1/2" above the fold on one side.
- Sew the longer sides from the fold to the opposite edge using a 1/4” seam allowance.
- Trim the corners to prevent bulk.
- Turn right side out making sure to push out the corners for square corners.
- Press well.
- Place the raw edge of the sewn tab inside the bag along the top edge of the bag, centered between the straps.
- Pin in place.