- Two 15" round indoor/outdoor place mats (The ones shown here were purchased at Wal-Mart and at Bed Bath and Beyond) This project works with sew-able placemats that are attractive or the same on both sides.
- 1/2 yard of 45" wide fabric for the lining
- 2 hardware rings, circles or rectangles and 1 yard of 3/4" to 1" wide webbing to match your placemats. Optional additions: A 6" piece of rope or cording (smaller than 1/2 the width of your cording) to make a handle as shown in the simple placemat purse. Fabric or trim to embellish the webbing straps as shown on the tan purse and on the Heavy Duty Bag with Style. The tan handle shown in the directions, is a webbing strap with three rows of braided trim sewn to the webbing with invisible thread.
6" of webbing or twill tape to attach the handle and a Purchased Purse Handle - The one shown on the black pocketbook is a 21" long nylon handle available to purchase at Jo Ann Fabric and Craft. (In the directions for this bag, attach the pocketbook handle rather than the hardware and self made handle.
- Magnetic Purse Closure
- Two large decorative buttons, a ribbon bow or any type of decoration that can be placed on the outside of the bag.
- All purpose zippers to sew interior pockets in the lining as shown in the Optional Zipped Lining Pocket Directions The size of the pocket will be at your discretion.