1 of 9
Angel Christmas Tree Ornaments
Debbie Colgrove, Licensed to About.com
This angel is approximately 4" when finished. The materials and dimensions given are a guide. The size of the angel can be altered by changing the width of the trim used.
- 2" circle of lightweight muslin or flesh color fabric. (I found a 2" template by using the bottom of a can of spray adhesive.)
- 12" of 3" wide eyelet -- Cut as follows:
- One 6" piece for the body
- Two 3" pieces for the arms
- Two 5" pieces of 1 to 2" wide pre-gathered lace or eyelet for the wings
- Quality thread or button and carpet thread
- A very small amount of stuffing.
- Fine tip textile marker or Sharpie Pen (to draw face)
- Doll hair or yarn sewn as described in the yo-yo clown but with a much smaller knitting needle. The hair used in the photos is the strawberry blond curly hair available here
- glue to attach hair and halo
- White or light color pipe cleaner for the arms
- Gold Glitter pipe cleaner for the halo