You will need:
- A twin needle - the size (space between the needles) should closely match the size of the cord.
- A marking pen or pencil that will disappear - More on Marking Notions
- Cord - Purchase at a sewing center or make your own
- Fabric - This will need to be larger then the cut out size for construction. For example: The pillow shown here, is a 14" square front, but I started with an 18" square to allow for the pin tucks and embroidery to "take up" fabric, and then trimmed it down to exactly 14" once all the embellishment was finished. Free Pillow Projects & Patterns
- Sewing machine foot that will allow the cording to pass under the foot. Most sewing machines come with a foot that is adaptable (has a hollow area in the bottom of the foot) or you may want to investigate specialty feet which might be available for your particular machine.