Is there any thing more comforting than snuggling up with a cozy blanket to watch television or read a book? Here is a very simple blanket to make with fleece and gain warmth beyond belief, for the blanket's weight.
Time Required: 20 minutes
- You will need: 1 to 1 3/4 yards of Polar fleece fabric , thread and scissors.
- Trim off the salvage edge of the fabric.
- Fold the fabric in half length wise and then in half of that length.
- Locate the corners of the blanket. This will be the corners of the folded fabric which has no folds.
- Mark a rounded edge on the corners by using a dinner plate as a template.
- Trim all four corners evenly.
- Fleece fabric does not fray. Serge the raw edge to help the blanket hold it's shape and add a decorative edge such as a blanket stitch.
- If you do not have a serger, use a blanket stitch around the entire edge to finish the edges
- Experiment with different edge finishes. Wooly Nylon in your serger will give the blanket a nice soft edge.
- If you are using a blanket stitch, experiment with embroidery thread and yarn for a different look.
- Embroider a logo, name or special design on one corner to create a personalized gift.