Throughout 2009 I will be offering the directions for the Christmas tree ornaments shown here and more. I love gathering my supplies at clearance sales so I am letting you know the basic ingredients you will need so you can take advantage of clearance prices.
- Candy Cane Ornament - Find the free pattern and directions here.
- Yo-Yo Wreath Ornament - This ornament is already up and ready for you to accumulate your yo-yos. See the supply list here. There is also a snowflake ornament that is not shown in this photo.
- Sliver and Pearl Ball Ornament - This ball requires a small Styrofoam ball, satin ribbon (1/4"-1/2" wide depending on the size of your ball and trim), glittery silver trim, silver sequins, straight pins, and craft pearls.
- Mouse in a Thimble- This ornament was made by a very dear friend. You will need a craft thimble,a small gray pom-pom, scraps of gray and pink felt, a scrap of 1/8" wide ribbon and a narrow ribbon of sturdy thread as a hanger.
- Felt and Gold Star- This ornament will require felt scraps, scraps of stuffing and fancy thread... so watch for sales and buy that fancy thread. Think of cookie cutters and the colors you might ice those sugar cookies when planning your supplies to make this type of ornament. Free Directions for a 3D Felt Star Ornament Free Directions for a Felt Stocking Ornament
- Soft Sculpture Mr. & Mrs. Santa Ornament - A full-sized photo of soft sculpture Mr. and Mrs. Santa Christmas ornaments with links to the free directions and patterns to make them here.
- Lace Angel Ornament- To create this angel ornament you will need wide lace (one edge finished is fine), scraps of narrow white lace or glitter pipe cleaners for a halo, a "scrap of muslin, wool roving to create hair or doll hair and 1/8" wide satin ribbon. Free Directions to Sew an Angel Ornament
- Poinsettia on Golden - This ornament was actually designed around what I found on clearance. You need pre-gathered gold trim, seed beads, beading wire and plastic poinsettias.
- Not shown here but on my plans for next Christmas are machine embroidered lace ornaments. See some examples at Embroidery Library so you too will watch for bulk packages of breakable ball ornaments on clearance.