- Scraps of fabric - fuzzy, fluffy fabric (such as valor, fleece or fur) are recommended for a realistic cat toy. (To use a different type of fabric, consider using iron-on interfacing to add body to the fabric.)
- Small scrapes of felt
- 2" strip of 3/4 to 1" hook & loop tape - cut in half lengthwise
- A small wad of polyester stuffing
- Optional: embroidery thread for nose and whiskers
- Cut the body, bottom and tail from the feature fabric.
- Cut the ears and feet from felt.
The cat in the above photo was recently adopted. It came to my attention that many animal rescue organizations need toys and blankets to provide a happy environment while they await a new home. These toys use very little supplies, are relatively fast to put together and in great need for organizations which house homeless animals. Please consider creating and donating a few of this toy or pet blankets for your local organization. Visit here to find a shelter near you.