The following instructions are for an 8" X 8" dish - See Create Your Own Size Fabric Dish or Dish Insulator for creating other sizes
- Two Pieces of fabric (approximately ½ yard each) One fabric being lightly quilted adds body to the dish. Not suitable for a one way design fabric.
- Heavy Interfacing (such as Timtex) As of 02/18/07, Long Creek Mills still has an interfacing for fabric bowls and boxes for $1/yard, that works as well as the brand name. You have to call them to place an order. I have been very happy with the items I have received.
- Double fold bias tape
- Fusible Web (such as Pellon Wonder-Under Transfer Web
- Cut two 14" squares (see more on making perfect squares here</a>)
- Cut one heavy interfacing (such as Timtex) 8" X 8"
- Cut four heavy interfacing 8" X 2 1/2"