- Print out of the pattern
- Scraps of fabric... a cat won't even mind if one side is different than the other.
- Thread - thread to construct the fish and embroidery thread to embellish the mouth and eye if desired.
- Cat nip -- a small amount added to the stuffing will keep a cat happy for hours.
- Optional - Small bell and narrow ribbon to tie securely on the tail or a small container with dried beans or peas in it, to insert inside the fish for a rattle noise. (A travel size pill container or a small Tic-Tack candy container work well.)
- Cut two of the pattern keeping the grain line on the straight grain of the fabric. (Learn more about laying out pattern pieces)
- Transfer the mouth and eye markings to the fabric. (Learn How to Transfer Pattern Markings and The Types of Tools Used