- Red Sweat Suit, pajamas, or dance leotard
- Dog Ears - Made using recd fabric which matches the body of the costume and the free pattern for Dog Ears, attached to a head band as described in the instructions or sewn to a hood of the sweatsuit.
- Red felt or an additional sweat pants to cut out a dog tail that will match the body of the costume.
- Inexpensive sneakers or slipper, painted red to match the body of the costume
- Black Felt to make a collar. Wide enough to cover the height of the neck and long enough to go around the neck with a bit of overlap.
- Optional-- Gloves or mittens to match the body of the costume.
- Black costume makeup to paint a black dog nose on the costume wearer.
- Optional - A large dog bone (or a piece of poster-board painted to match a dog bone) with the name Clifford painted on the dog bone.
- Pre-wash the sweat suit or pajamas to remove any finish that may be in the fabric.
- Create the Dog Ears and attach them to a headband or a hood.
- Create a dog collar using the black felt and attach the dog bone to the collar. Use a snap or buckle to open and close the dog collar so it fits the costume wearer.
- Paint a dog nose on the person wearing the costume