Use this free pattern to create a Christmas tree costume for Halloween or for groups preforming plays and productions. Use the light up possibilities to keep the costume safe and fun! These directions make the size costume you need!
- Green felt - 60" wide, sold by the yard. Measure from the top of the head to the knees and buy a length of felt twice that measurement. A very large person may require three lengths of the measurement.
- Green thread to match the felt.
- Yellow felt, craft interfacing, two straws, a scant amount of stuffing and yellow thread to create your own tree topper or a lightweight tree top ornament
- Unbreakable ornaments or glittery pom-poms (found in craft stores or craft departments)
- Optional: Boning or wire to stiffen the tree
- Optional: lightweight wrapped empty presents to attach to the bottom of the tree.
- Optional: Long sleeve green sweat shirt or tee shirt to match the felt so the arms are covered.
- Supplies listed on how to make a light up costume if desired.