- Paper or pattern making material - tissue paper, news print or similar materials work fine
- Fabric - a soft light weight fabric such as flannel or 100% cotton - preshrunk - The amount needed will vary with the bag size and resulting pattern pieces. I also chose to make a second front layer of a silky fabric which allows clothing to slide over the pouch and not hang up on the pouch the way some fabrics tend to do.
- Double fold bias tape - a scrap to go around the opening for the flange.
- Thread to match your fabric - How to Choose Thread to Match Your Fabric
- Marking tools - To create the pattern and to transfer pattern markings - Learn How to Transfer Pattern Markings and The Types of Tools Used
- An ostomy bag to trace