Even if you don't exchange gifts until Christmas Day, don't hesitate to make one for everyone on your list. Years ago my sister made one for our household and she is remembered each year as our Christmas decorations come out of storage. Personalize each calendar with names or special appliques.
Fill the pockets with trinket party favors or small candies to make each day of waiting special.
- 3/4 yard of felt for the body of the calendar
- 1/3 Felt for the pockets of the calendar
- 3/4 yard of craft weight fusible interfacing Fusibles - Sewing possibilities Using Fusible Interfacing and Web
- A 22" wooden dowel
- 32" of decorative cord, ribbon or yarn to hang the calendar.
- To number the pockets - Fabric Paint or machine embroidery
- Embroidery or applique design to decorate the top of the calendar. You may want to try the Christmas Coloring Book Pages on About. com Family Crafts
- For the Body of the Calendar - Cut the base color felt to 20" by 26"
- For the Pockets - Cut four strips 3" by 24"