- Weather resistant nylon or similar fabric --
- For a Standard Size Mailbox: Measure the body of the mailbox wrapper to 23" (for around the mailbox) X 20" (for the length of the mailbox).
- For a Large Mailbox: Measure the body of the mailbox wrapper to 25" (for around the mailbox) X 38" (for the length of the mailbox).
- For a non-standard mailbox: Measure from the bottom of one side, over the mailbox to the opposite bottom edge, add 2" to the measurement. Measure from the front edge of the mailbox (behind the door) to the rear edge of the box and add 2" to that measurement.
- Scraps of the same type of fabric in a variety of colors to create applique decorations or machine embroidery designs to embroider the messages and decorations on your mailbox wrapper.
- If Using Applique -- Fusible Web or temporary spray adhesive
- A sewing machine with zigzag capability
- Hook and Loop Tape (Velcro) 2- 8" pieces for a regular mailbox, 2 -11" pieces for a large mailbox.
- Two small 3/16" dowels or metal rods, the shorter length of the mailbox cover you are making.