When you need a house or apartment warming gift, consider a bathroom gift basket. Include a toilet tissue cover, toilet tissue, hand soap and hand towels for things that will always be used in a bathroom. If you're not sure of the planned color scheme, use neutral colors that can go with almost anything.
Note: This pattern was designed for a double roll of toilet paper (Quilted Northern) that measures 5" across and 4" high.
- 1/4 yard of light weight cotton fabric
- A compass or a template for a circle that is 6" wide
- Thread (How to Choose Thread Color to Match Your Fabric)
- 19" of 1/4" wide elastic
- Craft weight interfacing
- Cut a 6" circle of the fabric and one from the interfacing
- Cut one strip of fabric 5 1/2" by 35" (Using rotary cutting tools will help assure that you are cutting a true rectangle and accurate measurements. It is not necessary to interface the side piece.
Many toilet paper brands have shortened the width of their rolls. Although you may not have noticed, you may want to check the width of the brand you use. If it is more or less than the 4" that this cover was designed for, adjust the 5 1/2" measurement accordingly.
- Fuse interfacing to the fabric.