Padded Pan Handle Pot Holder -- Hand Protection from Hot Pot Handles
By Debbie Colgrove
1 of 3
Materials and Cutting Directions
Padded Pan Handle Pot Holder
Debbie Colgrove, Licensed to About.com
The following directions are for a pan handle that is 6" by 1" wide. If your pan handle is different, adjust the measurements to suit your need.
- Fabric - Preferably cotton - not a synthetic fiber that will melt easily from heat -- 2 pieces cut to 6" by 4 1/2"
- One low loft batting such as warm and Natural -- cut 6" by 4 1/2"
- One Insul-Bright (TM) (or a second layer of low loft batting) -- cut 6" by 4 1/2"
- Sewing machine
- Hand sewing needle and thread
- Optional but recommended -- Rotary Cutting Tools to assure accurate cutting - more information about rotary cutting tools