You will need the pattern and lightweight fusible interfacing to preserve your patterns. You will also need parchment paper or the paper backing that comes with fusible web.
Follow these steps to preserve a sewing pattern:
- Press the pattern pieces so there are no wrinkles in the pattern.
- Lay the fusible interfacing on your ironing board (or ironing surface) with the fusible side up.
- Lay the pattern, right side up, on the interfacing. Place the pieces close together to prevent wasting the interfacing but do not overlap the pattern pieces. (Ignore grain lines for preserving the pattern)
- Lay parchment paper (or saved paper from fusible web) on top of the pattern pieces and press the pieces to the interfacing, keeping everything flat and smooth as you iron.
- Cut out the pattern pieces.