The Bottom Line
- Book includes a wide variety of clothing choices.
- All the patterns are on the enclosed CD so losing pieces is not a likelyhood.
- Size guide or chart will guide you to the sizes you would need for any given age range.
- Basic sewing tools are all that is required.
- Basic patterns allow you to enhance and embellish as far as your imagination will allow.
- The patterns need to be print out from the CD using your ink and paper.
- Although boy's clothing is included, girl's clothing is abundent.
- Boys and girl's clothing are included with all basic designs included.
- Enhancements and embellishments are plentiful.
- PDF format patterns, can be printed on normal printer paper and assembled to make full size pattern pieces.
- Full directions for assembly with pictures and illustrations are included.
- Parties, holidays, every day and pajamas are included.
- Patterns for sizes 0-3 Months through 7-8 years are included.
- Sewn with Love; Classic Patterns for Children's Clothing and accessories by Fiona Bell - ISBN 978-159668-349-5
Guide Review - Sewn with Love - Classic Patterns for Childrens Clothes and Accessories
The book is divided into four sections with projects to sew for babies, playtime, parties and bedtime. Age appropriate clothing resounds through out the book. choked full of patterns that evoke the nostalgia of childhood in a less hurried era.
Being ever conscious of costs I compared the cost of this book and the cost of just a couple of patterns that are similar to the designs included in this extensive book. I can state with complete confidence that if you normally pay full price for sewing patterns, Sewn with Love, Classic Patterns for Children's Clothing and Accessories by Fiona Bell is an economical choice.
Patterns for sizes 0-3 Months through 7-8 years are included on a CD in the rear cover of the book. The patterns are in PDF format so the printing should not be any kind of issue for someone with Adobe Reader installed.