- 1/4 yard of 45" wide fabric (this will make 2 pouches)
- 1/2 yard of craft weight interfacing.
- Zipper - 9" or longer (You can shorten a zipper using these instructions) I prefer a large tooth and large pull zipper when I am sewing something for a child because it is easier for their little fingers and less likely to jam and end up breaking. (Learn more about Types of Zippers)
- Webbing or Belting straps - 1" by the waist measurement plus 12" (If you are not sure of the waist measurement, take a look at pattern waist measurements and allow a bit extra.)
- Buckle- such as Dritz® Quick Release Clip (DritzÂ® Quick Release Clip or Strapworks Non-Slip Buckle-Fits 1" Strappingat Joann.com)
- Cut two pieces of fabric 9" by 11"
- Cut four pieces of craft weight interfacing 9" by 11"
- Fuse two pieces of the interfacing to the wrong side of each piece of fabric.