Clean Finish Seam Finish:
A clean finish is simple straight stitching to create a seam finish. This seam finish can be a simple line of stitching to prevent fraying beyond that stitching. It may be combined with a pinked seam finish.
It may also be a turned under edge on the seam allowance to prevent fraying.
How to Create a Clean Finish:
- Sew a Seam. Press the seam open and Press the seam open.
- Treat each seam allowance separately.
- Sew 1/4" to 1/8" from the raw edge on the seam allowance. (1)
- Use pinking shears if desired to prevent fraying. (2)
Optional for Fraying Fabric:
- Press under the raw edge along the sewn line.
- Stitch the pressed under edge into place. (3)
- Press the completed seam and seam finish.