Why Use Hem Tape?
- A fabric that needs a finished edge but is thick so that if you pressed under and edge, you would have a bump that is apt to press through the outside of the garment, is an ideal place to use hem tape. The hem tape, will secure the fabric edge but also provide a transition as the hem edge is attached.
- If the amount of fabric you have is a little scarce, using a hem tape or lace will extend the amount of fabric for the hem facing.
- A fabric that has very little capability of easing the fibers together can be eased in a bit more by using a hem tape that is also eased to fit in the desired area.
- These tapes offer a smooth surface in an area that the fabric may not be smooth when it is rubbing against skin or nylons. Many loosely woven fabrics will not give a sooth edge even with the fabric turned under. Using a seam tape along the hem edge solves this problem.
Explore Online -
- Wrights Flexi-Lace Seam Binding is sold in packages with the lace being 3/4" wide by 3 yards long, is available in many colors. The lace is colorfast to dry cleaning, 100% nylon and safe to iron at at low heat. - Wrights Flexi-Lace Seam Binding - Buy Direct at Joann.com
- Wrights Soft & Easy Seam Binding is sold in packages with the fabric tape being 1/2" wide by 3 yards long and is available in Many colors. - Wrights Soft & Easy Seam Binding- 1/2''W x 3yds - Buy Direct at Joann.com