There are a few things that can go wrong:
- Twisted Fabric- the fabric doesn't lay smoothly. This usually happens on a curve or the bias grain of the fabric.
- The finished hem wants to flip up. There is a way to prevent this.
- The stitching is un-even and unsightly. There is a cure
What you need to sew a turned under hem:
- A gauge or measuring device
- An iron
- Straight pins
- Possible hand sewing needle and thread - this is especially helpful if you are sewing a silky, slippery fabric.
- A sewing machine
- Thread to match your fabric How to Choose the Correct Color Sewing Thread to Match Your Fabric