- Cut two pieces of cover fabric 19" by 12"
- Cut one piece of sturdy Interfacing 19" by 12"
- Cut one piece of light weight batting 19" by 12"
- Leave one piece of your cover fabric totally intact. On the other cover piece, find the center of the 19" width and make a slit in the middle. This will allow you to turn the fabric right sides out and will be enclosed in the book binding.
- Baste or fuse the interfacing and the batting to the intact piece of cover fabric.
- Fold the un-slit, interfaced piece of fabric cover in half along the 17" edges. One half of the cover is where you will be placing the cover design. Make temporary marks with straight pins or chalk, 1" in from the edges of this half, to remind yourself not to place any designs in that area, which will later be used for seaming the cover together.
- Prepare appliqué fabric by applying fusible web as described in the manufacturers directions.
- Choose and cut out a variety of shapes from the page templates. The cover is a good place to experiment with various textures to add to the child's learning experience. Fake fur, thermal fabric and lame, are just a few of the types of fabric you may want to experiment with.
- More Information