- An invisible zipper that is a close match to the fabric you are using.
- An iron and ironing board
- The item the zipper will be sewn into without the seam being sewn.
- An Invisible (or Concealed) Zipper Foot for your sewing machine
Prepare the Zipper
- You first step is to open the zipper.
- Thoroughly press the zipper tape by laying the open zipper, with the zipper pull side down on the ironing board.
- Use the point of the zipper to get under the coils and iron the zipper tape flat.
- If needed -- Press the fabric where the zipper will be sewn in to the seam.