The important points to remember when sewing an invisible zipper;
- The seam is NOT sewn until AFTER the invisible zipper is sewn in.
- Read through the accompanying instructions and then follow the instructions, one step at a time.
- Pressing can not be over done. Take your time to thoroughly press the open zipper before you start installing the zipper. Pressing the zipper tape completely flat will help insure a totally invisible zipper.
- Use a invisible zipper foot. Learn about invisible zipper foot options.
- Once the invisible zipper is sewn in, use a regular zipper foot to start the remaining seam at the bottom of the invisible zipper. A zipper foot will allow you to see the invisible zipper stitching and create a continuous seam line with the invisible zipper.
- If you are feeling insecure or hesitant, use a basting stitch the first time. Basting is easier to remove if things don't go correctly.