Share the ways you use machine embroidery to help others make the most of their home embroidery machine or decide that the purchase is worthwhile.
- Lately I have working on name pillowcases for my nieces and nephews. I appliqued their name in big letters than used flowers, butterflies for girls and sportsmen, cars etc for boys . I even used a appliqued soccer ball instead of the O in christopher. I had heaps of fun making them personal, such as changing collies to reflect favourite sports team etc
Another project was an alphabet quilt for my new born nephew. It was a challenge trying to get a picture for every letter as my machines are so old I use discs.luckily his surname starts with x so I just did a family shield for that one!
I've also done a stack of Christmas and every day tea towels with header. I tried to make each on reflect the person whose getting it.
Next, I might do some Christmas decorations, like covering a styofoam ball
- —Guest Marianne
- I am avery new to machine embroidery my 1st project was to make 15 penant flags for our boat club I enjoyed doing them very satisfying to see them flying on all the boats next project jeans for me and my husband
things I do with my embroidery machine
- I embroider towels for gifts, baby things, pillow cases, dog scarfs for the rescue group, t shirts for rescue group, and just about anything I can get my hands on to embroider.
- —Guest email@example.com
Uses for embroidery machine
- I love to make free-standing lace ornaments!
However, I also like making other small items, such as in-the-hoop coasters.
For Fashion Design Project
- I am doing fashion designing and for my project I am doing machine embroidery
- —Guest vandana
Uses of machine embroidery
- I embroider motifs cut them out and applique them onto those fabrics which I find difficult to embroider otherwise, since I am not an expert. I spoiled a couple of garments by directly embroidering on them so I practice on good matching or contrasting fabric till they come right, and then applique them onto the dress.
My different use of embroidery
I have been making jewelry out of embroidery lately: necklaces, earrings and bracelets. It has been a lot of fun and I have received some nice compliments on them.
- —Guest Donna
machine embroidery uses
- I embroider pillowcases for shower gifts for the young teachers at school. I usually monogram them but sometimes use vintage style floral patterns.
- —Guest pfaffshirl
what i embroidery
- sweat shirt hoodies. for Christmas at least 20. grandkids and kids. i put last name on hood. out of the way. semi-visable, always get hoodie back. sometimes on front. ( BEEN TOLD NOT ON CHEST OVER HEART.)
- —Guest carolyn spurlock
Ways to Use Machine Embroidery
- My next machine embroidery adventure is going to be a yard flag with our last name and the street number on it. I may have to embroider it twice to have it readable from both directions but I can include designs that represent everyone in the house.