Materials and Supplies:
- 1 1/4" yards of 45" wide fabric (1 yard if using contrasting pocket fabric.)
- Thread to match your fabric. More thread information
- Standard sewing tools -- Sewing machine, measuring devices, iron and ironing board (Photo Gallery of Sewing Tools)
- Optional -- 1 2/3 yards of flat 1 1/2" to 1 3/4" wide lace or trim and thread to match.
- Optional - Rotary Cutting Tools to keep pieces square More information
Using rotary cutting tools correctly will assure that the pieces you cut are square. How to Use Rotary Cutting Tools
- The body of the apron -- One piece 24" by the width of the fabric minus the selvedge edges.
- The Ties -- Two pieces 4" by the width of the fabric minus the selvedge edges.
- The Pockets - Two pieces 8"by 9" (I used a contrasting fabric in this example.)