All babies need blankets! Here are directions to make your own for a special gift, or to save money at the store.
Time Required: 20 minutes
- You will need: 1 yard of flannel or soft washable fabric, thread and a sewing machine or serger.
- Preshrink your fabric.
- Trim the salvages off of the fabric.
- If you have a serger, use a rolled hem stitch around all the edges.
- If you do not have a serger, turn under 1/4' on all the edges.
- Turn that 1/4" under again, to enclose all raw edges.
- Miter the corners.
- Top stitch the hem to hold it in place.
- Use fleece with a serged roll hem, in any size to make a great gift for an adult.
- Use a yard and a quarter for a square blanket from 45' wide fabric.
- Use a decorative stitch to top stitch the hem for a decorative blanket.