The size shown here will also accommodate a small dog. Variations on this pattern to make a large pet bed for a medium to large dog can be found here.
- 2 yards of 45" wide fabric
- Stiff interfacing for bottom
- 59" of piping
- 14" circle template (An embroidery hoop works well for this and for fabric bowls)
- Patterns for bottom of bed -- find free directions to draw the pattern pieces here
- Cut one of each pattern piece from the fabric of your choice.
- Cut one of the smaller base piece from heavy interfacing. The type used for fabric bowls worked wonderfully. (As of 01/09/06, Long Creek Mills still has an interfacing for fabric bowls and boxes for $1/yard, that works as well as the brand name. You have to call them to place an order. I have been very happy with the items I have received.)
- Cut four strips - 10" by the width of the fabric