1 of 7
Gather Your Materials
Cell Phone Cases
Debbie Colgrove, Licensed to About.com
Sewing your own cell phone case allows you to have strength and security that you know you can count on to protect your cell phone. Make your cases out of fabric to match a purse or outfit, to express individualism, or embroider plain fabric for an even more personalized touch. This case was designed for Verizon LG VX4500 a basic flip style phone.
- 22" by approximately 8" scrap of fabric
- Fusible web - approximate 11" by 8"
- Piping to compliment your fabric choice
- Double fold bias tape to compliment your fabric choice.
- 6" of 3/4" to 1" wide polyester or nylon gross grain ribbon, or webbing. (You want a form of ribbon that is strong and that you can melt the ends of to prevent it from raveling.)
- Strong reliable snaps (I used SnapSetter™ Tool and snaps from The Snap Source, Inc. This tool is the most reliable I have ever found for fail-proof installation of snaps! The snaps have long prongs which allowed for a very strong secure hold and they offer a huge variety of decorative options. I used size 16 and I'm very pleased with the secure hold.)
- Hook & Loop Tape -- 1 1/2" of 3/4"-1" wide (Note: The wider the hook & loop tape, the stronger your closure will be.)
- Print out of the pattern