You may also enjoy the Free Pattern and Directions to Sew an Operation Holiday Stocking for the Troops which is a smaller stocking that can fit in a pocket. This free pattern is a great one for charity that is within reach to fill with donations.
- 1/2 yard* of fabric for the main body of the stocking
- 1/4 yard* fabric for the top of the stocking
- 1/4 yard* of lining fabric to compliment the top of the stocking.
- Thread to match both fabrics
- Print out of the pattern
- Optional: Appliques and embellishments to taste
*The fabric requirements will make more than one stocking.
Note: All instructions are for 1/4" seams.