Many costumes need fringe to make it complete. Create your own fringe and save a bundle. It's easier than you think!
- Find a fabric that does not fray, such as felt, fleece or artificial suede.
- Cut the fabric in to strips the width of the desired fringe and the amount needed to attach the fringe to the costume.
- Mark off the amount needed to sew the fringe to the costume.
- Cut the fringe area, perpendicular to the long edge of the strip, at evenly spaced intervals to create the fringe.
- Hand or machine sew the fringe to the costume. If you are creating the costume from scratch, sew the attachment area inside the seam.