Keeping your stand mixer and blender covered between uses keeps it clean and dust free so it's ready when you want to use it. Make your own small appliance covers and curtains to match.
Consider adding a pocket inside the cover for instruction manuals or embellishing the covers with one of the many free machine embroidery designs or using appliques.
- 2/3 of a yard of 45" wide fabric - For this cover I quilted a cotton calico, using natural cotton batting. Buy extra curtain fabric and Quilt Your Own Fabric to have all your fabrics coordinate in your kitchen. Experiment with fabric embellishment techniques to obtain the look you want for your home. For a stiffer cover, you may want to experiment with fusible interfacing. (Learn About Interfacing)
- Piping - 1 pkg. of Wrights® Maxi Piping or Your Own Piping How to Cover Cording to Create Your Own Piping
- Double Fold Bias Tape - 1 pkg of Wrights® Bias Tape Extra Wide Double Fold.
- Pattern| Pattern in PDF Format - Be sure to follow the directions on the pattern to make the completed pattern piece for the cover you are making.
- Matching Thread - for this construction, matching the thread to the piping and bias tape will allow top stitching and seams to blend in. How to Choose the Correct Color Sewing Thread to Match Your Fabric