Create your pattern:
The base of the basket
- It is possible to measure the base of the basket and add a 1/2" seam allowance to each side of the base piece.
- The easy way -- Use gift wrapping tissue to fold to the base size. Sharply crease the folds, pressing the tissue into the edges of the bottom. Remove the tissue and add 1/2" for a seam allowance to the edge of the folds before cutting the tissue to size for the base pattern piece.
- Measurement A -- Measure the distance around the top and bottom of the sides. Using the larger measurement, multiply by 1.5 for measurement A.
- Measurement B -- Measure the height of the sides, measuring from the base and over the top edge to the spot you want the liner to end. Be sure to allow enough for the liner to go over the top edge. Add 1 1/2" for a seam allowance and elastic casing.
- Create a rectangle piece that is Measurement A by Measurement B. If the measurement is larger than the width of your fabric:Divide the measurement in half and add 1" to each half. Cut 2 and seam them into one piece for the remainder of the directions
You will need: