These sewing videos are a perfect way to have someone show you how sewing tasks are done. Each sewing video is a quick sewing class on different sewing topics. Some tasks are easier to learn if you watch someone else do the task before you try the task for yourself. Grab a cup of coffee, sit back, relax and enjoy your personal sewing clas.
Pinning a seam is an easy task but are you protecting or endangering your sewing machine when you pin a seam? You rely on that sewing machine needle and you don't want to damage the needle or the sewing machine. Watching this video will give you the information you need to sew on the newest sewing machines and protect your sewing machine needle.
If you buy and use a pattern you want the expected results when you are done. That is only going to happen if you manage to use the pattern as it designed... so you have to transfer the markings to have darts and other design details where they belong on the fabric.
A lapped zipper is a very common way to sew in a zipper but also can be a bit confusing. This video takes away the mystery of sewing in a perfect lapped zipper.
A hidden zipper, also called an invisible zipper, is hidden within a seam, without any topstitching on the outside of the garment. This zipper is sewn in differently than a regular zipper but is perfect for many applications.
- Sew a Hidden Zipper Video
- Invisible Zipper Foot
- Sewing an Invisible Zipper - Step by Step Photo Enhanced Instructions
- Instructions and Tips to Sew an Invisible Zipper
- Types of Zippers - What kind of zipper to buy to replace or sew a zipper
- Free Tutorial with Tips and Tricks to Sew a Lapped Application Zipper
- Sewing a Centered Zipper Application
- How to Replace a Broken Jeans Zipper
- What is a Sewing Machine Zipper Foot?
A serger is not a necessary sewing machine but it has wonderful options beyond seam finishes that match ready made clothing. Watch the video to see a serger in action and learn about a serger. Follow these links to learn even more.