Here you will find full directions to create a place for the kids to store all their traveling treasures.
- Sturdy fabric such as heavy denim for the back pieces.
- Fabric with slight stretch for the pockets. For this example I used a sports net, so that I can keep an eye on what is being stuffed into the pockets. Hopefully things like apples will be spotted through the netting before they go bad.
- Fusible Craft Weight Interfacing
- Fusible web
- 7/8" to 1" wide Grosgrain Ribbon - approximately 10 yards.
- 1/8" wide or cording elastic.
- Hook And Loop Tape
Due to the size of the pattern, you will have to make the pattern. Directions for Making the Pattern
Cutting and Preparation Directions
- Cut two of the main pattern piece from denim or other sturdy fabric. Back each piece with fusible craft weight interfacing. Seal both pieces together with fusible web. The fusible web does not need to cover the whole piece. By using a full width of the web, in the lengthwise center of the piece, it will hold the layers together and make them easier to work as one layer.
- Cut one of each pocket. If you are using a one way print, the wider edge of the two lower pockets is the top edge and the narrower edge of the top pocket is the top edge.
- Press approximately 7 yards of the grosgrain ribbon in half lengthwise.