- I am good at drawing so, I drew a small flip flop that would fit my pair of scissors. If you are not good at drawing you can use a child's flip flop and draw around it. Make sure your scissors fit inside the pattern. Enlarge or make it wider if necessary.
- Mark where your zipper will begin and where it will end on your pattern so, you know what size zipper you will need. I used a 14" one. The outside of the flip-flop is less curvy and that is where your fold goes. The zipper will run along the curvy part. So straighten the line on the outside.
- Make a rectangle 1" wide and as long as the beginning and end of the zipper plus seam allowance.
- Cut top and back of the flip flop and the small rectangle out of the fabric using the pattern.
- I made a crazy quilt with the Brazilian flag diamond and appliqued a small heart inside on the top part of the flip flop.
- Determine the size of the straps of the flip flop you want and sew them to the top with a zigzag (Satin Stitch).
- Sew one part of the zipper to the top.
- Sew the other part of the zipper to the bottom.
- Sew top and bottom together with the 1" wide rectangle.
- Line the inside with invisible stitches (Felt or any other fabric)